Monday, June 1, 2009

the basketball birthday bash.




Yesterday my brother had his birthday party! He turned six the Sunday before, but that was on a holiday weekend so we did it the next week. Five boys went crazy all over the small gym at the YMCA. We rented the 'Fun Zone' for two hours. All the boys had a blast! They played basketball and rode the scooters, then we had cake and ice cream, then was presents, and then basketball and scooters again, then I taught them some basketball games. I did not play basketball because I did not want to show people how bad I am. My mom had brought the camera (she has a pretty good memory) and it was accidently dropped. So now the videos don't work which means I can't post any. My mom did a really good job on the cake. I told her it looked like a real basketball except for the frosting, sprinkles, candy, and candles. The boys loved it, but when it was cut it did not really look like a basketball. For his birthday he got a 'Lightning McQueen' (his favorite thing of all time) alarm clock that is also a coin bank-we're still trying to figure out how to set the alarm. He also got a CARS (more to do with 'Lightning McQueen') book that folds out to a race track and has pop-up cars that slide out of the book, from the same friend he got a 'yuck ball', which really did turn out to be yuck, no, not yuck-GROSS! The last thing he got was a Star Wars Lego set. I forgot what its called but it has something to do with a 'walker'. Our friend that lives down the street loves Legos so much that he probably wants a Lego autograph! He makes Lego movies, he gets Lego sets all the time and they are all over his room! So we called him up and he came up the street and built it, apparently he has the same set. Back to the birthday party-it was crazy! Boys running everywhere! I think I've had enough boys for a while...

1 comment:

Randi Jill said...

Sounds like a "boys" event...crazy! I like the basketball cake - it really does look like a basketball. What were the little orange balls made of that were around the cake?