Sunday, May 8, 2011

cubbies.

The AWANA year has almost come to an end :( The actual meetings are already over, we just have an awards ceremony. Then that's it.

I'll explain AWANA before I go any further...

AWANA stands for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed." This is the AWANA motto. It's a verse in one of the Books of Timothy in the Bible.

Cubbie's Playing a Game

There are three levels of AWANA that Wellspring uses. I believe that in all, there are five:
1. Cubbies. This is the level I help at. Preschoolers spend two years in this class.
2. Sparkies. K-2nd. Three books in this level.
3. T&T (Truth and Training). At Wellspring, the church I go to AWANA's at, stops this class at the 5th grade. There are four books to complete in three years.

Many AWANA clubs go farther than this. I'm glad Wellspring kept it small.

Cubbie Bear

Many of the kids I know are going to graduate to Sparkies! Others have one more year to spend in my classroom :)

Awards Night is next Wednesday. I have also been invited to a Leader Dinner. I'm excited, but I don't want Cubbies to end! I'll see them all next year. Maybe I can visit the Sparkie classrooms and see my kiddos :)

No comments: